Tuesday, May 19, 2015

Top Five Tuesday: Jim Reeves


Jim Reeves is a treasured Country & Western singer from mainly the 1950's. He is one of those American legends that died much too young. Dying in a plane crash at the age of 40, his legend does carry on and has definitely made a mark within the geriatric population.  Those born in the 1930's, remember his songs fondly as they were popular in their late teens early 20's. One of my favorite Jim Reeves songs is "Four Walls." "Ramona" is also a favorite and I love to pick out Lady Name songs around Mother's day. Jim Reeves did perform many spirituals and hymns, along with many other performers of the era. Here's a few of my favorites I like to sing when I remember, a few hymns and a few catchy tunes, Bimbo has a fun repetitive little refrain, Mexican Joe also has a rhythmic, rhyming refrain.  


  1. Welcome to My World
  2. Where We'll Never Grow Old
  3. Bimbo
  4. Mexican Joe
  5. Take My Hand Precious Lord

No comments:

Post a Comment