Friday, May 8, 2015

#Thankyounote: Organization

I started a new position this week and I feel so prepared to succeed. Yes, it's been a lot of meeting with the activity director and get orientation all week. But one thing that I can be assured is that the Activity Department in my new facility is the most relaxed, laid-back, happy-go-lucky, willing to assist, easy to approach group of individuals I've met in a long time. The key is the organization of the leader! I really thought that I am quite organized when it comes to work and keeping dates and important times and projects on task, but this week I was put to shame. I'm not one to enjoy making lists, following lists or remembering what to put on lists. I am definitely someone who remembers after the fact. There is definitely a time and place for lists and I am starting to realize that a list and the organization skills that go along with it, help everyone be more relaxed and less stressed.

So this Friday, I thank you organization: for making life less stressful when approached in a calm matter. Being organized will definitely be a key to my success in my new position. Learning organizational approaches that make your life easier is so enlightening. I'm not exaggerating when I say I was introduced to 20 different lists this week all that were new to me.

Today, I lead my first solo group at my new facility. Leading a group is the easiest part of my job. I've done it for over 15 years and even if I'm not totally confident with my session, I can make it work because of my experience and knowledge of my population.  The difficult part is learning a new computer system, learning the ins and outs of the department routines and keeping my lists straight. I just wish there was a list to keep all my lists straight.  Thank you organization and those that are blessed to have the highest level of organization.

No comments:

Post a Comment